Current time: 12-13-2019, 05:27 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with different test results
05-30-2011, 02:10 AM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2011 02:21 AM by Pintamanta.)
Help with different test results
Hi there,

I am testing my site http://www.bmota.net for some time now and webpagetest is helping me a lot with improving the overall performance of the site. But here's the problem:
My site is made in joomla 1.5 and when I clear the cache I get an B on "compress text" and "combining JS/CSS Files"!
but then I re-run the test and get F on "compress text" and F in "combining JS/CSS Files"! I'm using the dallas location and ie8 for testing.
My site it's on Hosting24 servers that also disabled the Keep-alive on Apache core.

What can I do to fix this?
Thanks for your time
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2011, 12:41 AM
RE: Help with different test results
Can you use a CDN in front of your hosting provider (CloudFlare is free and there are good low-cost solutions as well)? That way the persistent connections (and gzip compression) will be handled by the CDN for you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2011, 04:31 AM
RE: Help with different test results
Thanks for your reply. I have re-tested my website since and now is working fine, I always get a B on "compress text" and "combining JS/CSS Files". I don't have enough knowledge to use Cloudfare in a safe way, so I will study that a little bit longer. I will probably change host since hosting24 disabled Keep-alive in all of their servers, even in the gold accounts.
Thank you for your help. Smile
Find all posts by this user