Current time: 09-23-2019, 11:27 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pagespeed service with WPT private instance
10-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Pagespeed service with WPT private instance
Hey Patrick,

I just upgraded to WPT 2.4 and trying to use PSS to compare with and without PSS optimization. I didn't notice any difference and the "optimized" content is not being served from Google's CDN.

The comparison works perfect on webpagetest.org/compare but not using the private instance. Do I require any special key/secret to use that service?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2011, 10:19 PM
RE: Pagespeed service with WPT private instance
No, you shouldn't require any special keys or configuration (though honestly it wasn't really packaged up for general consumption). If you can "publish to webpagetest.org" the optimized test I can see if there is anything obvious in the test that caused it to not work.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-15-2011, 08:23 AM
Thanks Patrick for the reply. I don't see any option to publish to webpagetest.org. I also wanted to understand what Back-end (Production,PSA) means.

Thanks,
Kiran

(10-14-2011 10:19 PM)pmeenan Wrote:  No, you shouldn't require any special keys or configuration (though honestly it wasn't really packaged up for general consumption). If you can "publish to webpagetest.org" the optimized test I can see if there is anything obvious in the test that caused it to not work.
Find all posts by this user
10-17-2011, 10:58 PM
In settings.ini there is a "publishTo=www.webpagetest.org" entry (may be commented out). If you uncomment it, you will be able to publish individual test results to the public server for sharing (top-right corner of the test result page will have a link "publish to http://www.webpagetest.org").

Thanks,

-Pat
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user