Current time: 12-08-2019, 03:48 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chrome - Disable prediction service\dns prefetch from command line?
12-02-2016, 03:26 AM
Chrome - Disable prediction service\dns prefetch from command line?
Hey,

I'm running a private instance and was trying to pass some command line options to reduce variance in tests when I ran into his problem. One of the switches I'm passing is: --dns-prefetch-disable, in order to turn off the setting to use a predication service to load pages more quickly.

This doesn't seem to work though, I verified that the options are being passed and called by wptdriver, but was not disabling this option in chrome. The option is still checked in settings, and chrome://dns/ is still showing it as active. Running the command directly has the same results, so I'm guessing this flag is disabled. I've also tried: --simple-load which seems like it should do the same thing, but that also seems disabled.

Does anybody have a way of doing this? Or a list of working chrome command line switches?

This is Chrome: 54.0.2840.99 running on Win7 Enterprise.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2016, 06:54 AM
RE: Chrome - Disable prediction service\dns prefetch from command line?
In discussions with my team, we have concluded that this may not affect the variance between tests that much since a new profile is used for each run, but I would still like the option of turning these settings off. The ability to change the settings in the default profile that is loaded seems like it would be useful.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply