Current time: 11-29-2020, 09:25 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't understand several results and any help is really appreciated.
03-05-2013, 07:33 AM
RE: I don't understand several results and any help is really appreciated.
Are you using a caching plugin of any kind (W3 Total Cache or supercache)? Odds are that the relatively slow first byte time is coming from a bunch of database queries and a caching plugin can cache the results and just serve a static version of the page if it doesn't change much. You can also install something like New Relic to show where the times are going on the back-end.

It's important to do more than a single run to make sure you didn't just catch a bad example: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/130304_7D_VQC/ (like with the slow image). It could have been a dropped packet somewhere that caused a retransmit (though it seemed really slow). It looked like a one-time issue though.

The "undefined" in the 404 is a dead giveaway that it's coming from javascript (a variable that wasn't set is being used). It looks like it is being loaded by jquery but that just means something is using jquery which then loads it. If you load the page in Chrome you can capture a timeline which will give you a full call stack back to the js that attempted to load the resource.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't understand several results and any help is really appreciated. - pmeenan - 03-05-2013 07:33 AM