Current time: 12-01-2020, 12:52 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never mind the webpages, how do you fix the business??
01-29-2013, 04:54 AM
RE: Never mind the webpages, how do you fix the business??
Hi Stu,

I'm aware that I'm not a disinterested party but this is one of the situations where external consultants can help, whether it's someone like me or someone like Intechnica.

For some reason the views of external consultants often seen to carry more weight than those of internal staff (I've been there and know how frustrating it can be).

If you want to convince people to do things differently my advice is you've got to give them the business benefits e.g. use RUM to determine if people with faster experiences drive more revenue.

Unfortunately it's not uncommon to see masses of 3rd party tags on pages, many of them collecting similar sorts of data and in someways tag management services seem to be making this worse (out of sight out of mind I suspect)

Perhaps another place to start might be to establish what data it being gathered by each of the third-party tags and what the business is using it for, work out the overlaps and sell it to the rest of the company as a cost saving exercise i.e. they don't need to pay for both services and so removing one saves money and page weight.

Cheers

Andy

Andy

Using WebPageTest - http://usingwpt.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Never mind the webpages, how do you fix the business?? - andydavies - 01-29-2013 04:54 AM