The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.19-0ubuntu0.18.04.2 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Current time: 10-24-2019, 02:33 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apache/PHP Image Compression
10-24-2011, 11:56 PM
Apache/PHP Image Compression
Does anyone know of a good option for compressing images via PHP? I'm about to test with the latest version of Imagick, but am looking around for other options. Currently migrating our site over to a better server setup and so now is the best time to investigate such solutions.
Basically we have a photography department here for taking photos of each product that comes in before being listed online (this is for an ecommerce site). I have them running the images through batch scripts to properly compress them via "save for web" and then they upload the images from there. While this is fine, we have issues where they will temporarily upload images from the manufacturers website before replacing it with ones we took, but these images are not always optimized properly. I've seen occasions where the thumbnail size for a 100x100 image was 18 KB! Now, this is with a super old version of Imagick, i'm hoping the newest version is better at compressing. But, while i'm testing that i'm open to other suggestions while i'm at it.
Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Apache/PHP Image Compression - jarrod1937 - 10-24-2011 11:56 PM
RE: Apache/PHP Image Compression - SpyGrey - 02-05-2012, 03:08 AM
RE: Apache/PHP Image Compression - pmeenan - 02-06-2012, 11:17 PM