Current time: 10-26-2020, 09:10 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I translate what all this means?
08-28-2010, 10:29 AM
RE: How can I translate what all this means?
Just copy the url from the test run and paste it in here. The urls for the tests are permanent and you can just pass the url around. Looks like this one was run recently: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/100827_3PRM/

Lots you can do - starting with merging those css and js files into one of each (not 100% sure why the site detected it incorrectly - it should have recommended you do that), The time spent between 0.5 and 4.5 seconds is sequentially downloading the css and js code and by merging the file you can shave ~ 3 seconds off of the load time (make sure to enable gzip compression while you're at it).

The other HUGE win would be to use an image sprite for the page graphical elements (icons, buttons, borders, etc). Looks like you could eliminate most of the rest of the requests and save another 1-2 seconds pretty easily.

From there you're probably talking about having to use a CDN to reduce the latency for the remaining requests but that will depend on how geographically diverse your customer base is (try running a test of the current site from NZ to get an idea of how much latency can impact load times from far away).

Thanks,

-Pat
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How can I translate what all this means? - pmeenan - 08-28-2010 10:29 AM