Current time: 04-05-2020, 04:45 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Understanding my results: slow load times
01-08-2016, 07:20 AM
RE: Understanding my results: slow load times
The FBT grade tests the time to the first byte for the first resource only, in the case of the WordPress site it's an html file which is created by accessing hundreds of php files as well as calls to the database. This takes significantly longer than calling a static resource such as an image, so it's no surprise testing an image by itself gives an A grade, as there is barely any processing involved to serve the file.

As your site is on a shared hosting plan, it will be sharing resources with a lot of other websites, which would explain the fluctuating load times. Some shared hosting plans are worse than others as they tend to overload the server with way too many websites. The FBT you have is fairly typical of a WordPress site on a shared hosting plan. Visual composer also tends to slow down the backend time of WP sites. So upgrading hosts will definitely help.

You can mitigate the load time issues by ensuring super cache is installed correctly and removing the transition as mentioned previously so content displays as soon as possible. If the developer isn't willing to address these I would recommend looking else where.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Understanding my results: slow load times - clubberz - 01-08-2016 07:20 AM